In the iOS App Store, you can find a number of different apps that offer free trials before you decide to start a subscription. Of course, it is a wonderful opportunity because you can try out a new app and find out whether it is really useful without paying anything. However, there are certain aspects all App Store users should take into the consideration.
Free trial means that you are given a specific period of time during which you can use the app for free and decide whether it is worth your money. But it is not as easy as you expect.
- The iOS App Store will charge your Apple ID`s default payment method in an automatic way when the free trial comes to the end.
- Your subscription will be automatically renewed according to the subscription model of the app.
- The developer sets the length of the trial. The prompt during the registration process will just inform you about how long this trial can last.
You should always remember that you can easily cancel the free trial at any time you want if you have decided that a certain app doesn`t fit your requirements and you are not going to pay for it. Just follow these simple instructions in order to do it:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhoneX
- Choose your name
- Go to iTunes&AppStore > Apple ID > View Apple ID > Subscriptions
- Choose the app
- Follow the prompts
You won`t be able to take advantage of the bulk deleting items method if you have decided to cancel trials of several apps at the same time. You just have to cancel each one separately.
But keep in mind that your free trial period doesn’t end right after you cancel it. It is possible to continue the trial until your renewal date. You can even sign up for a paid subscription if you’ve changed your decision. Apple informs that it is better to cancel a discounted or free subscription more than 24 hours before the renewal date in order not to remain charged.
All in all, free trials are a convenient way to try out apps in the iOS App Store but you should be aware of all details.